Tuesday, January 6, 2009

A new session....

So I'm keeping my promise to myself (and setting a good example for my niece at the same time), and I'm keeping up with the weekly notes that are posted on Blackboard for the three different courses that I'm currently taking. Already, I feel that this approach is helping me. I don't feel like I'm rushed to get everything done. I'm going to read the chapters and post to the discussion boards as normal, but having it fresh in my mind by the time the tests and GHAs come will really benefit me, as I'll be able to apply everything I've learned later on down the road.

I'm also noticing some of the same names in many of my online courses. Perhaps they have the same major I have? At any rate, it's nice to have familiar names and students whose work and postings that you're familiar with (faces would be nice to go with the names, but in due time).

Speaking of faces, it's nice to know that Berkeley uses actual students in their commercials and on their billboards. It makes it more personal and real to those of us who attend Berkeley College. We can say with pride, "I know this person; he or she is an excellent student."

No comments: