Wednesday, January 28, 2009

When I say Berkeley cares....

Boy, do they EVER!!! I got a call at home, a call on my cell phone, a Berk-Alert text message, and an email letting the students know that there was a delayed opening for the Garret Mountain campus in West Patterson. Even though I'm an online student, I really appreciated the urgency and insistence in letting the students know in any way they could about the delayed openings. Hopefully, none of you missed the call and made the trip down there too early. Also, here's hoping your trip there and return trip are both successful.

It was okay, though; I managed to get more studying done so that I could finish up my assignments earlier than normal and study my notes. It was a quiet day at work for me, so I spent most of it on Blackboard between calls, just checking the Announcements and Course Documents sections for each one of my classes. To those of you who had morning classes that were cancelled, don't think of it as a day off. Use the extra study time to your advantage so that you follow along in class easier the next time that class is in session.

No comments: