Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Reading your class notes helps....

So in statistics, we're going over permutations and combinations, as well as counting. For the homework assignment I just posted to Blackboard, I was having a bit of difficulty. I then double-checked my notes, as well as re-read the question I was having a problem with. I was able to apply the same steps that were outlined in the notes, and I arrived at the same solution that was posted at the back of the book (I double-checked for good measure to see if I had done the steps correctly).

So I'm going to apply this technique to all of my classes; I'm doing well, but I can always improve. Also, reading your notes helps for when you're taking quizzes/exams on the Blackboard. It helps the material stay fresher in your mind and helps you to recall it at a later date, not just for purposes of doing well in a class, but for doing well in business or any other area of life.

It's just interesting what a difference in technique and time makes; two quarters ago, I was struggling in statistics. Now I'm very hopeful about my grade. I feel that I really won't earn less than a B, but I'm pushing for an A.

No comments: