Wednesday, January 14, 2009

My efforts are really paying off....

Since I know that statistics is one of the subjects that I'm really going to have to buckle down on this quarter, that's exactly what I've been doing--rereading the chapters and going over certain concepts and putting them into practice--step by step. It really helped when I turned in my homework assignment for this week. I think I still have to have a step or two clarified before the big test, but I'm confident that I'll do well.

Speaking of homework assignments, I also got some help from a very unlikely source for my statistics homework: my twelve-year-old niece. She was the one who helped me understand the concept of stem-and-leaf data. Without grousing out loud how I couldn't understand it and without her explanation, I'd still be stuck rereading the information and not understanding it (although from now on, I will email the professor if I'm stuck regarding any statistics concepts; after all, that's what the professors are there for).

I also got an excellent grade on last week's discussion board for Finance 310. I got a 100%; the professor said that I had an excellent grasp of the concepts. I just want to keep moving in that direction with regard to my classes.

No comments: