Thursday, January 29, 2009

All signed up for next quarter...

I actually beat the deadline; I'm impressed with myself. But yes, fellow students, I did it. I registered for four classes next quarter at Berkeley. Actually, they were all picked out for me for next quarter. When I scrolled through the class catalog listing, I saw "taking" next to certain classes for next quarter for my degree progression report. But that's okay, because it helps me to make sure that I'm taking only the classes that I need in order to graduate. And you know what this means; early registration means ordering books early...AND avoiding that late fee for not registering by the deadline for online students (if you are taking ANY classes online, get registered ASAP; you will incur a $100 late registration fee if you don't).

Changing the subject a bit: as we all know, I'm very happy to be back in school. However, there will always be those who try to crush your dreams and your spirit. I was at the local library where I lived, and a young lady happened to see me on Blackboard, and started saying some not-so-flattering things about Berkeley. But I didn't let her dissuade me. I just simply wondered why she would do something like that. I can't worry about it too much, though, just accept it as one of those speed bumps on the road to success. Not everybody will be rooting for you, but only those who know you and love you will.

No comments: