Friday, August 15, 2008

"The early bird captures the worm"

You know that old saying, "The early bird captures the worm?" Well, that can certainly apply to registering for courses AS SOON AS REGISTRATION STARTS. Because I hesitated a bit, I actually got closed out of one class (which I plan to register for for the winter quarter), MKT220. So instead, I chose a Liberal Arts elective in its place. But it should be fine, and I plan to buy books at least two weeks prior to classes starting.

On another note, I did my homework assignment for Statistics on probability and got a 100. A 100 on a homework assignment in a math class?!? But as I stated before, I really understand the material in statistics, and I really feel like I'm getting a lot out of this course.

I also submitted my discussion board assignment for Human Resource Management, regarding the pros and cons of personality tests when used to weed out job applicants. On the pro side, you don't waste a lot of time and expense with applicants who just aren't suited for the job; or applicants who are suited, but have the wrong attitude and/or idea about what the job is about. On the minus side, personality tests don't take into account the whole picture--culture/background, religious upbringing, etc. So I stated that while personality tests are fine to use in interviews, they should not be the ONLY determining factor in considering applicants for further interviews.

No comments: