Friday, August 22, 2008

Berkeley College commercials....

So I've been seeing Berkeley College commercials periodically on the t.v., and I get excited, because these are real testimonials from real students about how they either found out about Berkeley or why they re-enrolled in school, and why Berkeley was the choice for them. And I got to thinking, "Wouldn't it be nice if I were ever asked to do a commercial for Berkeley College?"

But then I thought about it some more, and in a way, I and some of the other student bloggers are a commercial for Berkeley College. Think about it: we talk about what led us to Berkeley College as the college of choice; we talk about our class assignments; we talk about the class trips we've either been on or want to go on; we talk about the various services offered through Blackboard; and we also talk about the various online clubs that one can become a part of. We also talk about the do's and don'ts of college life, as well as the benefits and challenges of going to school online vs. on-campus.

And it makes me feel good to know that I'm a part of a growing phenomenon of students who chose Berkeley College--whether as first-time students, transfer students, or students who, for one reason or another, are choosing to come back to school. And this is the truth; when I compare Berkeley to other schools I've ever been to, I can honestly say that I have never enjoyed a college experience more. (Now if they could just bring back those Blackboard polls....)

No comments: