Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Blackboard is down...

So it seems that Berkeley Blackboard is down at the moment, just when I was about to register for classes and post to my discussion boards for the week (in my classes and for the online clubs I signed up for). For all my urging current and prospective students to "get on the ball and sign up" for classes when registration starts, it seems I haven't take my own advice this time. But I will definitely sign up as soon as Blackboard comes back up.

On the plus side, all of my assignments are due at the end of the week, so that leaves me more reading, studying, and comprehension time--particularly for a subject like statistics. Staying ahead of the curve definitely helps in classes, particularly in online classes. You just never know when something will come up (an emergency, computer breakdown, etc.), and so it helps when you start at the beginning of the week to study that week's material and don't wait until the last minute, when you'll feel rushed and frustrated and not put forth your best effort to complete the assignment; or you submit your assignment, knowing that you didn't do your best.

But I am excited about the new quarter coming, and once I know which classes I want to take, I look forward again to interacting with fellow students and getting their unique perspectives on certain subjects.

No comments: