Thursday, August 21, 2008

I'm all set for fall...

I just got an email confirming all of my classes for the fall quarter. I'm really excited, as each quarter brings me closer to my graduation day. I'm excited because, as some of you already know--I sound like a broken record by now--I've been trying to get back into school for a couple of years. Well, I finally did it, and it seems nothing can break my stride this time. This isn't to say that it's been all roses and daisies, though; anything worth having is worth working toward. And we all know it doesn't always come easy. Many of us who are in school right now have family and work obligations to contend with--not to mention other obligations (religious, etc.) that we may have to put into perspective.

At the same time, however, we haven't let these things sidetrack us from our goal of finally finishing school and getting a job/career in our field of study so that we can adequately care for our families, as well as be an inspiration to any little ones in our families (I remember writing something along those lines in my essay when I did the placement test for Berkeley College--and again in one of my first few blogs here).

So for whatever reason you've been sidetracked and you're now back in school (and at Berkeley College, in particular), keep forging ahead, because it'll all be worth it in the end. The faculty here at Berkeley will make sure you never slip through the cracks. I remember a particularly rough patch I was going through just before one quarter was to start, and the helping hand I got actually brought tears to my eyes. They really do care about the students here.

No comments: