Thursday, August 14, 2008

One Quarter Ends as a New One Starts...

So I finally selected the classes that I want to take during the fall, and I'm now awaiting feedback. I hope to be take Fin300 and 305, as well as Mkt220. These are necessary classes for the field of study I've entered, and so I hope they're available at this point (I never usually wait this late to register for classes). That way, I can start to set aside the money I need for books, since my financial is covered for the following quarter and the winter quarter--which helps me out tremendously.

I'm still working vigorously on my statistics homework, in addition to keeping up with the reading assignments and homework assignments for my other classes. I really, really want to get this down pat; as we all know, math is not my strongest suit, so I really have to work at it. But I am at least understanding statistics (better than algebra, I might add). I am having trouble with the standard deviations in binomials, though, so hopefully the professor can point me in the right direction.

I also have submit my answer for Human Resource Management regarding the pros and cons of personality tests when it comes to the interviewing process. This assignment promises to be very interesting, as applicants and others argue that there is no real way to assess a person's true personality from a test. We use the Library database for most of our research, and the articles have been very helpful.

No comments: