Saturday, August 9, 2008

An Adjustment of Sorts

I like the format that my statistics professor has set up for us to do our homework; it is multiple choice, just like our math tests. That means no time frustrating oneself and doing the homework manually (although it does help if you write it out and then come across the same answers in your assignment).

As for my Human Resource Management class, I'm not really used to having to do research on my answers and writing them out in essay format for these GHAs. I must say, it is very challenging, yet rewarding. You're really using your brain to sort out the information that you want to use.

Which brings me to this: I have to make an adjustment of sorts to my way of thinking about the level of difficulty of each class. They are all challenging in their own ways and all merit careful time and attention in order to get the best understanding of the material that there is available, and that we should never be afraid to call on our professors if we do not understand something. This is something for all of us, as prospective or current students, to think about when we think in terms of what will be an 'easy class' for us to pass. Approach it with the same studiousness you would approach a slightly more difficult class, in order to do well in all of your classes.

No comments: