Monday, November 19, 2007

Week 9, ladies and gentlemen, and I'm feeling pretty confident about the end of the quarter. I've been working really hard to show my mettle to not only the Berkeley professors, but all those who had a hand in my re-entering college. I saw a commercial just the other day on television advertising for Berkeley College, and a huge, Cheshire-cat type grin spread across my face. There is no word in the world to describe how I feel about Berkeley College. I'm still having a little difficulty in Business Math, but I know that with Professor Luing's help and my active, attentive participation in homework and Discussion Board activities, I can still pass this course satisfactorily. Education is very important to me, as my mother is an educator (both by trade and by nature).

So I finally went down to the Berkeley campus on Broad Street in Newark to use their library. Everyone was pretty helpful, and I was proud when asked to display my Berkeley ID to the guard for security and identity purposes. It was nice to know that not only did I have a sense of belonging, but that Berkeley cares enough about its students to ensure their safety. And I did get a chance to look at the bulletin board, which was right outside the library. I saw that there was a posting for a finance club of some sort. I plan to go back down this week to use the library again and take down the information for this club, as this looks like something that would be right up my alley, considering I'm majoring in finance. And it could certainly help me in any of my future classes. The only thing I didn't get to check out was the bookstore, but that'll happen in due time. Besides, they're closed until December, so I wouldn't have been able to look around, anyway. But I still want to look around when I go back, at least get familiar with the location. And I understand that this is where we can purchase the Microsoft Office 2007 software for next term. I am VERY excited, as I'll finally have my new computer and won't have to try and save my work to that computer at my local library.

No comments: