Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Now I know why business math is so interesting and why some of the subjects are so familiar; some of these same subjects were covered when I took accounting I and II and algebra at UCC. This week, we're working on FIFO and LIFO (first-in, first-out and last-in, first-out) and inventory. Since it's a familiar topic, I gather I shouldn't have much trouble (but if I do, I'll just e-mail Professor Luing and have her help me).

So Friday is the big day; I'm finally going to be making use of one of the Berkeley libraries (the campus in Newark, to be precise). While I'm there, I'm gonna browse the bookstore, too, just to see what they offer as far as software and programs for the upcoming Winter quarter (I know that the Microsoft Office products are being updated to 2007 for the next quarter). In the meantime, I'll be working on my Access project this week from my mom's place of employment. As it turns out, they have a library where she works that's open to the public and they have many of the same programs that we use in our online courses. I'm like a big kid, I'm so excited.

With astonishing speed, the end of the Fall quarter is in sight. So now that I've put in my time and work, I know what to expect for the next quarter and how to be prepared this time around (as far as books and keeping up with the coursework, that is). My first introduction to my professors won't be "I didn't get the book in time"(lesson to all: prior proper planning). As soon as I get the course requirements and the text requirements, I'm gonna order the books RIGHT AWAY. Even if I have to do it in pieces, I'm gonna be completely ready for this coming quarter.

No comments: