Wednesday, November 14, 2007

So Access wasn't the big monster I expected it to be, although as Professor Buonaguro pointed out, there IS a lot of typing. And the bad thing about the library where I live is that you're only allowed an hour on the computers with Internet access. And one of the ones that just so happens to be really popular is the one with--you guessed it--the Microsoft Office Programs downloaded. So I'm going to go to the librarian and ask her if there's any possible way that they could download Access to one of the word processors. If not, I won't let that stop me. I will do what I intended to do in the beginning: just type a little each week and then submit it all at the end of the week. I don't intend to let anything deter me from my goals. Where there's a will, there's a way, and that should always apply to anything that you want in life--particularly in your educational life.

I'm wondering, too, if the College is open the day after Thanksgiving for me to catch up on some coursework (or at least give me a head start on the following week's projects, since I'm pretty current with my work at this time). The beauty of the Thanksgiving break is that I'll get caught up on some necessary reading for any projects that have to be turned in. It's sometimes difficult to do at work, what with the phones ringing and co-workers and customers stopping to talk to me about anything from work to membership information to what I'm studying in school (although I'm always willing to share what I'm learning in school--just not while I'm studying).

I'm also wondering if Berkeley has a student bulletin board (in addition to the Blackboard Announcements that we have online) where students could gather information. As I said, I've been to the Newark campus, but that was only to take the placement test; I never really got a chance to look around. And there's always the chance that in the future, I'll be able to take a course on campus, so why not get a feel for it now? With the babysitting available to Berkeley students, maybe I could leave my niece for an hour or two while I took a course or got some work done in the library.

No comments: