Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Now I know how marathon runners in a race feel in the final stretches: a little weary, but satisfied that it all has a purpose. This week's Word project is the most challenging yet, but it is rewarding in the end when you see the finished product. And it's good training for the working world; we won't have it so easy with the step-by-step guidelines laid out in our textbooks. This week we're not only merging documents, we're saving them as Web pages and e-mailing them. I've never encountered this in any of my previous word processing classes. I think it just shows how really far technology has come, and Berkeley is not only keeping up with the times, but they make sure the students are ahead of the game in comparison to students at other universities.

I even did well in my Business math course this past week. It really just shows the professors' dedication to the students they teach. And this week's environmental science readings look very interesting, indeed--particularly environmental politics, economics, and world views. As I said before (and it bears repeating) how we treat the earth and how we use the resources available to us is all interconnected. And the discussion board on maintaining of species' habitats could prove to be very spirited. I look forward to the posts from my fellow online classmates, as they offer insight and wisdom that I can always apply to a situation that may come up in my lifetime.

No comments: