Tuesday, November 20, 2007

My mom is considering going back to school for supplemental education (oh joyous, happy day!!!!). She's graduated from college and business school, but with the ever-changing job market and the need to keep up with the latest technology, she realizes she needs to continue to hone her skills.

So guess who's been talking up the College like crazy to her? ;) In all seriousness, though, I feel that my mom would greatly benefit from a school like Berkeley. She's certainly smart enough to keep up with the demanding and challenging educational programs and courses that could be offered to her. And I'll even do some research to see exactly what it is they offer as far as her area of interest. I'll even do a little research for my brother, as he's taking courses in Hudson County College, which I think is a little farther away than he needs to be. With the campus in Newark just twenty minutes away from where we live (and he drives), he could concentrate on his field of study.

This means I'm going to go to the Berkeley College website in a few minutes and see what the areas of interest are for both my mother and my brother (and quite possibly my sister, who wants to go back to school to get her teaching degree). And I know that they have campuses in New York, and they probably aren't that far from where she lives in Brooklyn. And as Berkeley has daycare available, she could put my little niece Zakiyah in the nursery while she pursues her education.

And this is not just talk; I'm really satisfied overall with Berkeley as a college. :)

No comments: