Monday, December 31, 2007

I'm so excited about the upcoming quarter at Berkeley, I feel like I'm going to a concert to see my favorite celebrity. I know there'll be no shortage of interesting subjects and activities to partake in, like the International Club and other school-sponsored trips. I can utilize my vacation time at work and arrange to go on some of these trips. I saw last quarter that there was a walking tour around Philadelphia, and how I really wished that I could go. But I always remind myself, "There's always next quarter."

And as usual, there's the Berkeley Student Blackboard, which keeps us informed about different activities at different campuses, as well as student polls ranging from serious to silly (but fun nonetheless). I also want to utilize the Career Board more fully this time around and explore my options. Perhaps I could find a job closer to my major in Business/Finance. I also plan to utilize the Financial Aid board more and look for scholarships that can help with some of the cost of tuition and books. I saw one particular scholarship that I'm applying for, and I hope I can get it, while still working my way through school. This quarter just holds so much promise for me; this isn't to say it's all smooth sailing, but I'm back in school. That's a major accomplishment in itself. So many people talk about going back to school, but don't know where to start or how to begin. Berkeley is a great start, and you feel no pressure from the counselors, only encouragement.

No comments: