Friday, December 28, 2007

I'm so excited about the upcoming quarter. Just think, a new quarter and a new year all at the same time....as well as a welcome to all the new freshman and a welcome back to all the current students (be you online or on campus). I get excited just thinking about what we'll be learning in Philosophy; maybe I'll learn a little more about myself and my fellow classmates. It's like a show I watched on t.v. where the mom went back to school and she exclaimed, "I got excited just picking up my books!!!" Okay, so I haven't quite hit THAT level of euphoria yet, but going back to school is definitely the best decision I ever made for myself.

Also, to the individual who wanted to know whether or not to pursue online learning as opposed to classroom learning, I'd say this: it all depends on your schedule and flexibility. I chose online learning because I am a full-time worker who also has other responsibilities. And although I haven't yet gotten a computer, the great thing about Berkeley is that as a student, you are allowed to access their campuses to use the computers that they have there, while you can scrimp and save for your own desktop (or laptop, depending how on-the-go you are). And Berkeley has teamed up with Dell to offer students a discount on Dell computers and software. So it's a viable option all the way around. Whatever you decide, just know that hard work and dedication to your studies will ultimately make the grade. Good luck, and welcome to Berkeley (if this is your first year).

No comments: