Thursday, January 3, 2008

So I just found out that my brother has the programs that I need on his word processor at home (pretty sneaky). What I'm going to do (instead of having to travel to Berkeley College every other Friday or Saturday) is to purchase the Microsoft Office 2007 software and download it to his computer, save it to a disk, and then transfer my assignments from the disk to the Assignment Manager. I mean, don't get me wrong; I love Berkeley College and like travelling to the downtown Newark campus, but as the weather gets colder and public transportation gets more fickle, it'll be nice to be able to send the assignments right there from home while I save up a few bucks to get my own. And I can get the practice that I so desperately need in order to get a good job or at least move up within the organization that I work for.

Also, I'm going to see what can be done about possibly taking a class or two on the Newark campus, in addition to online courses. I really need to brush up on my bilingual skills so that I can have a competitive edge in the marketplace. I feel somewhat limited by my inability to speak another language fluently; while I know a few words and phrases, I know that in order to reach my customers, I have to really know their language. And that's what I intend to do.

No comments: