Monday, January 21, 2008

I am all registered for the Spring Quarter at Berkeley College, so I'm just gonna wait to hear from the professors regarding what textbooks I need so I can order them ahead of time. I did much better this quarter with the textbooks (with the exception of "Voices of Wisdom"; I'm just gonna have to see if they have that at my local library and then I can copy the chapters and pages that I need until I get the book), as far as ordering them and keeping up with the assignments.

The Business course is by far the most challenging, but it is very interesting. We had to learn how to construct a business letter to a customer who was dissatisfied with a product and demanded his money back, using simple but effective words and phrases to satisfy the customer and hopefully keep him as a future customer. I believe it is very important to maintain a positive relationship between customers and corporations in order to not only promote goodwill, but to keep a company in business and the workers employed. In this way, everyone benefits (as does the economy).

I got an A on my last PowerPoint project. I grant you, I'll be computer proficient yet. Before you know it, I'll be creating homepages and scanning pictures without blinking an eye. But seriously, it makes me feel good and useful. Besides, picking out ClipArt is fun; I do it at my job when I have to make up flyers for dance workshops, and I actually saw a few of the pictures that I used in past workshops. I said it before and it bears repeating: I did myself the biggest favor by re-enrolling in school.

No comments: