Thursday, January 24, 2008

One of my assignments this week in sociology is to introduce myself and talk a little bit about myself and anything else we wanted to divulge. Our next assignment as a group--we're split up into three groups--is to come up with a catchy name for our discussion groups. So far, we have the Sensational Seven Sirens, Divine Sirens, The Septet Extraordinaire (my personal fave), among others to choose from. My classmates are very creative, it seems. I didn't have much luck in thinking of a good name (The Onliners doesn't have much oomph), but I'll at least have a hand in helping to choose the name.

So during my introduction, I mentioned that I work for Berkeley College part-time doing online blogs (like this one ;) ), and it piqued the interest of two of my classmates. They wanted to know what a blogger is, exactly, and how it all worked in blogging for Berkeley College. So I gave them a little bit of information and told them to contact Carol in Admissions. So who knows? We may have two new recruits who can sing Berkeley's praises. The more, the merrier, I say. And they seem to be really enthusiastic about all of their classes and sharing their experiences, so I don't think they would have any problems with blogging for Berkeley.

No comments: