Wednesday, October 31, 2007

I'm really starting to understand and enjoy business math. At first, it was a bit daunting, and I'd think to myself, "How am I possibly going to succeed in business if I don't even understand this stuff?" But again, I have to go back to Professor Luing. She might not realize it, but she often gives little hints throughout when she posts the discussion topic on the Discussion Board. So once I read the chapter and do the work, I find that I can participate with confidence, knowing that I not only am familiar with the material, but that I understand it (and it showed in last week's GHA; got 17 out of 20 points, whereas before, it was 14 out of 20). And in an odd sort of way, it's related to the work that I do in Excel. In business, Excel is used frequently, and the AutoSum and SUM features are used frequently, as well. And as my major is finance, it's important to grasp the concepts and functions needed to succeed.

I saw some accounting courses, as well, that I might want to take for the Spring quarter (but that's yet a ways away). This will mean more math, of course, but I feel I'm up to the challenge this time around.

No comments: