Tuesday, October 16, 2007

So I'm having a little trouble with business math....

Just when I think I have it down pat, there's always something in the problem that I didn't consider. But graciously, Professor Luing has volunteered her services to me. Maybe I can see where I'm going wrong when it comes to word-problem solving, which has never been my strongest point. If I can see the problem set up in front of me, then follow the examples from that chapter in the book, it makes it easier. But when I have to rely on the verbal information, that's where it gets tricky.

So, a word of advice for all freshman (or anybody struggling in a class): If you're having a problem, don't hesitate to tell your professors. They can help you before it's too late and you're already too far gone. I made the same mistakes when I first attended college; the first couple of semesters were a breeze, and then the harder classes came. But instead of asking for help, I would simply 'study harder' and hope that the information would sink in. But sometimes you just need outside assistance. I could've avoided flunking ANY of my classes if I had simply gone to my professors or the Academic Learning Center assistants for help.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good post.