Thursday, October 2, 2008

The new quarter's here!!! The new quarter's here!!!!

Man, am I excited about THIS quarter!!!! "What's so different about this quarter?" you might ask. Well, in Finance 305, we're being asked to do something that I don't think I've ever been asked to do before: we are to keep a daily and weekly log of our spending activities. Consequently--and to my dismay--I've discovered that I've been spending WAAAAAAY too much money on snacks and miscellaneous things, and not enough on items that I actually need. So what I hope to take away from this course is how to budget my money wisely, as well as how to make my money grow in the future. (Hey, that might not be a bad topic of conversation for the Finance and Accounting Club: goals regarding how we can spend money wisely and save money for the future.)

Speaking of money, I spent a LOT of it on books for this quarter (well, the books didn't cost that much; it was the expedited shipping fees that put a hole in my pocket). At the same time, though, I didn't owe any balances for the quarter, so the money was available to me to buy the books when I needed them; so this helps me keep abreast of all my current assignments. I just updated my homepage for Soc 410, as per this week's graded homework assignment. And I just have to read Chapter 1 and go over the notes from this week's PowerPoint slide presentation, and I'll be right up to speed. This semester, I'm starting out ahead of the curve.

Speaking of financing and spending wisely, I wonder if we'll touch on the current financial crisis that we're facing in this country right now and how it will affect spending (one of my coworkers has already said that she and her boyfriend have cut down drastically on eating out). Yes, this looks to be a pretty interesting quarter, indeed.

No comments: