Thursday, October 9, 2008

This discussion on culture is pretty interesting....

So as I posted previously, we've been discussing culture and family and what the two really mean to us, in terms of our experiences, upbringings, and backgrounds. What an interesting revelation has taken place among us. Some of the things that we've been brought up with (belief systems, traditions, customs, etc.) we hold dear, while others we don't necessarily agree with. And what I've been learning about some of my classmates' cultures is pretty interesting, as well. Some of them are not that different from my own, in fact, like one person's cultures views on cohabitation and whether or not that defines a family.

It's interesting because for all of our differences--language, ethnic background, social status--we're really not that different from each other. We all want to live happy, fulfilling lives (some of us with children, some of us without children). A deeper understanding of cultures will point us in the right direction so that we can make the choices that will benefit us (from whether or not we choose to work or stay home with our children).

As far as Finance goes, I've been keeping a log of my spending for about two weeks now, and I'm WELL over the $400 mark. I've seriously got to do better in curbing my expenditures, examining expensive habits and substituting them for less expensive, yet effective, ones. This would help to increase cash inflow and net worth and wealth.

No comments: