Friday, October 17, 2008

Finance and Accounting Club....

So I just recently checked the Berkeley Blackboard, and I've discovered that the Finance and Accounting club will have some activities planned for us this quarter. I'm going to email the contact person and find out when these activities are so that I can plan my days off from work accordingly. This will be the first time that I actually get to interact with students face to face on a Berkeley College campus; in the Newark campus, I was just there to do work, and I was gone. This time, I'll be talking with other students and giving my input.

On the classroom side, we have another assessment to take in Sociology. This one deals with social theory, and we were asked to talk about the roles each person in our household fulfilled. Well, my mom was one who was both mother and father because my father was deceased. She managed to raise two of us, work, finish school and graduate. This is part of the reason that I've gone back to school; my mom showed us not just by words, but by action, that if you put your mind to something, you can achieve it.

No comments: