Friday, September 26, 2008

So I already ordered one book....

There was a little bit of confusion as to what editions I was supposed to get, because the syllabus said one edition, and the announcements had another. I guess my Soc410 professor fixed the link, because now the syllabus and the announcements have the same information printed. But I did get my Finance book ordered. I would've ordered the Sociology book already, but I lost my password for the Berkeley Online Bookstore, and I requested it be sent to my email address, and it never appeared. But alas, I can order it from amazon.com with expedited shipping, and it'll be at my location in a couple of days. So I can keep up with the notes and discussion boards, in the meantime.

Also, looking at Blackboard, I noticed that this quarter's Virtual Job Fair is November 7, 2008. I'm going to try and send my e-mail via the Internet for some of the companies that looked pretty interesting. I'm also going to make it a point to look more at the Career Services board this quarter.

So far, I haven't really been keeping up with the water-drinking challenge from the Healthy Cafe Club. I will make a more earnest effort, though, because I know how important water intake is. Water makes up about 65% of one's body, blood being the other 35%. It also flushes out the impurities in our system, so that we can be healthy and productive. I'm also going to see how I can spend more wisely on foods and link that with the project that I'll be doing for Finance 305.

No comments: