Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Next week starts a new term...

I've already started reading some of the work we're doing for Finance305; we're to keep a weekly log of our spending (what we spend our money on daily, such water, coffee, candy, etc.), as well as come up with a financial plan for ourselves. This looks like it will be a pretty interesting class, not to mention an interesting semester. I'm gonna order the books this week, as well, soon that I'll have what I need next week.

For the Healthy Cafe club, Professor Cohen also wants us to do something; she wants us to wear seven bangles and for each glass of water we drink per day, we're to move one bangle to the other arm. In that way, we'll see how much water we really take in per day and see if we can increase our water intake. Smart, fun, and innovative--not to mention promoting healthy habits.

But getting back to finance for a while, I wonder if we'll ever be asked to do fun projects like the one in Finance305 for the Finance and Accounting Club? Because when I think of finance, I think of ways to save and grow money. So that was a thought that had occurred to me. Time will tell as we go forward in the quarter(s).

No comments: