Friday, March 7, 2008

So we're expanding on our theme of natural caring vs. ethical caring, with a speech from the late Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Dr. King explains that to sit silent in the face of injustice would be tantamount to supporting injustice ("An injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere"), which is in direct support of Dr. Cornel West's theory of have-nots and have-less-thans vs. the current power structure and Ms. Nel Noddings' "I want to" vs. "I must" natural and ethical caring. Truly, we cannot afford to sit silent when it is in the power of our hands to do something to alleviate the sufferings of those less fortunate than us.

In our Integrated Microsoft Office 2007 project this week, we learned how to create party fliers and invitations using Access, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. I'm now thinking of using this method to create fliers and invitations for any parties I might have in the future. All in all, it was a lot of fun to create, although I really need a USB Flash Drive disk, since it stores more than double the amount of files vs. a traditional floppy disk. I kept having to delete old files to make room for the newer files, and finally just saved them to Blackboard Content Collection.

In Sociology, we're almost finished with our project to start a business. I have to say that I really feel that I've contributed greatly this week, as the last couple of weeks have been pretty taxing. But as long as we continue to communicate--very important point--with each other and get input and exchange of ideas, we'll do a great job on our project.

No comments: