Thursday, March 27, 2008

So our new semester starts Monday, March 31, 2008, and I'm finally ahead of the curve. I will actually have the books I need for the courses I'm taking by at least the second or third day of the first week. The last few quarters I fell a few steps behind, either due to lack of funds, lack of preparation, or both. That won't happen this time, however. Things are looking up for me right now as far as school is concerned, and I intend to keep it that way.

I am definitely looking forward to working with a great group of new students this quarter, as well. I don't want to brag, but Berkeley students are the greatest!!!! And I don't just say this because I'm a student; I say it because it's true. I've never had the type of interaction that I have right now--online or on campus--at any other school. What I feel sets Berkeley College apart from other schools is the depth of knowledge, wisdom, and experience that both teachers and students bring to the classrooms--online and on campus. We're talking various ages, races, religious backgrounds, and experiences that come together on one message board, and we're all able to take something valuable away that we hadn't considered and might never have if someone hadn't pointed it out.

Also, Berkeley fits in perfectly with the work/life balance. I'm able to care for spiritual, family, social, and work obligations all while working to obtain my degree online. That's because Berkeley, being ahead of the curve as one of the premier colleges in New Jersey, recognizes that not everyone who wants to go back to school can afford to spend time on campus. So they bring the campus to us, in a sense, and that's where online learning comes in. You only need to arrange your schedule carefully so that you have enough time to read the necessary information and complete your assignments in an accurate and timely manner.

No comments: