Saturday, March 22, 2008

One of the things I'd like to take advantage of this coming quarter is one of the academic clubs. For example, the Accounting Club is one of the clubs I'd like to join. Also, the Online Book Club is another club I'd like to join. And when Berkeley plans its student trips and activities, maybe I can arrange my schedule at work so that I can partake in at least one or two of these listed activities on the Blackboard.

I'd also like to be able to post my resume at Career Services and maybe see what it is that they have to offer that would work with my current skills and expertise. As I mentioned in an earlier blog, I am learning our company's accounting software, so maybe that would work in my favor with another employer; they would see that I'm not just a customer service/front desk rep. I can actually perform other duties, as well, and that's the type of thing that employers admire--multi-talented employees.

At the same time, I won't neglect my studies, and hopefully nothing happens next quarter to throw me off track. I did pretty good this quarter, but I know I could've done better. So I've come up with a plan: I'm going to make myself a schedule. As my mother always says: prior proper planning prevents poor performance. And while some things happened that were beyond my control, there were things that I could've done to minimize the effect. And a schedule is one way to do that. I want all As this quarter, and with hard work and determination, I feel I can do it.

No comments: