Tuesday, March 18, 2008

So I'm nervous and excited about the next quarter--excited because of all the new things I'll be learning while refreshing what I've already learned; and at the same time I'm nervous because I'm face-to-face with college algebra again. I don't dislike math; however, I've always had a bit of trouble making sense of algebra. But then again, that could've been due to age and immaturity on my part, as well. So I'll just study like it's my last chance to get it right (because ultimately, it is) and show my mettle (I must sound like a broken record by now).

I'm also excited to see what I'll be learning in my Fin200 class. I'm sure that this will be a class that will help me in a future career of finance, whether it be banking, administrative support/bookkeeping, or accounting in a large investment firm. Truly, knowledge opens many a door that can oftentimes be closed because of a lack of the right education (and sometimes hands-on experience).

I'm also looking forward to any internships that may be offered throughout my college career that relates to my course of study. What I'm learning at work right now is good practice, too, because I'm learning the financial and accounting side of things, and this knowledge and expertise can also help me in the future. I also hope to encourage my friends and family who are thinking of going back to school to consider Berkeley College.

No comments: