Wednesday, March 26, 2008

So I got my final grade for our sociology project, where we had to make a business proposal. We ROCK!!! We got a 95 out of 100 collectively, and I got an A for the entire course. It makes me feel good, because I really didn't feel like I had contributed as much as the other ladies, especially during the last few weeks of the course. I know I keep using the fact that I moved to another location as an excuse, but there was still an obligation to my professors and fellow students. But we came through like champions (the refrains of an old Queen song run through my head right now).

Again, I'm just looking forward to next quarter, where I'll be challenged yet again by algebra. This is one course where I know I'll have to buckle down and study, study, study. A misstep here or there could really put me behind. But then again, I can utilize the tutorials or get live help from someone on the Internet. There's no need for me to let this class overtake me again. This would actually be me second time taking algebra online, except this time it's all online; whereas at UCC, we would study on our own for the most part and come in one day a week for review or to take a test on campus. Seeing as my schedule doesn't allow me to freely do that at the moment, I'm grateful that all of the tests are online. And I'm sure there will be graded homework assignments that I can learn from, as well. The GHAs used to intimidate me, but now I realize that they're there for your reinforcement of what you've learned from the chapters.

And I'm looking forward to seeing new, exciting announcements on the Blackboard, whether it be for a job fair, a class trip, or scholarship opportunity.

No comments: