Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Reflecting on my short, but sweet, journey at Berkeley College....

It's already the Fall quarter of 2009 at Berkeley College, and I remember starting classes like it was just yesterday (actually, it was just yesterday that THIS quarter started). I remember getting in touch with Anthony Villani about what I wanted to do as far as my education, and I remember that while he didn't pressure me to start school right away (which is what I faced at other institutions), he did imply that there was no time like the present. And he worked with me to get me into school by the fall quarter.

I also remember Jenny White, who was assigned to me as someone to help me navigate the waters of Berkeley College. I also remember us having class together and her assistance in making sure I didn't fall behind in class assignments whenever my computer was down and I didn't get the assignment right away. I remember reading the Blackboard polls and participating in them (and I still do), as well as joining the Finance and Accounting Club and the Healthy Cafe Online Club.

I also remember reading the "bloggers wanted" advertisement and getting to know Carol Covino--not just as my supervisor, but also a fellow student. She and I took a computer class together, and we both learned a lot and helped each other out to the degree possible (except for reinforcements; those were actually exams, and you couldn't expect your teachers or fellow students to help you out then).

It's really hard to believe that two years have passed since I enrolled in Berkeley College, and I can hardly believe that it's almost over. I would certainly recommend this institution to anyone. I remember someone in a public library trying hard to discourage me from continuing my education here and encourage me to withdraw my enrollment. Thank goodness I didn't listen to her or any other dissenting voice--including my own.

No comments: