Friday, May 9, 2008

I'm almost set for the summer quarter--almost, because I need to submit a corrected SAR (Student Aid Report). It turns out that I absentmindedly put my first name where my last name should have been and vice versa. So it was no wonder that my social security number and the information I submitted did not match. So I'm going to correct it promptly so that I can be considered for financial aid for the coming quarters. Lesson learned: pay CAREFUL attention to forms that you have to fill out online (or elsewhere, for that matter).

But at any rate, I'm feeling rather pleased, as I'm taking three courses this summer, which brings me that much closer to my goal of college graduation. I am going to be taking Treasury--Fin205, Math215--Statistics, and Human Resources Management. It's going to be a bit challenging, because part of the time I'll be on vacation in Texas; but I'll buckle down and get it done, regardless of the circumstances. This is something I've been trying to get done for a while now, and now that I'm back in school, I don't want to mess up again.

In Finance this week, we learned about the different types of mortgages and interest rates involved in the purchase of a home. We also learned about the advantages and disadvantages of a fixed-rate mortgage vs. an adjustable-rate mortgage. While fixed-rate mortgages do not rise with the increase in interest rates, they also do not fall with the drop in interest rates, thereby not allowing homeowners to take advantage of lower interest rates unless they renegotiate the terms of their loan, which would mean paying off the entire loan before they could do so.

No comments: