Tuesday, April 29, 2008

I took my second online quiz this week for Mgt 220, and I got an 85 out of 100. Initially, I had trouble with the link, but my professor contacted the Help Desk and I and another student were allowed an extension. It was a relief, for I could've gotten a zero for the assignment. I know I mentioned before that I shouldn't be grade-obsessed, but a zero is an absolute no-no for me. It says, "You didn't even try." (At least, that's what it says for me.)

So this week in Finance, we're discussing my favorite subject: STOCKS!!! I could talk about stocks and the market all day (which is why it's weird that I haven't yet joined the Finance Club). Speaking of clubs, I got a package in the mail from Berkeley College today, complete with a beach ball and a letter of encouragement from Sharon Goldstein. Was that a pleasant surprise!!! There was also mentioned of an online Health Club, which I'm going to investigate tomorrow. I'd still also be interesting in joining both the Online Book Club and Finance Club. It would be interesting to put some of my knowledge into action.

But back to the subject of stocks, we were asked if we would encourage senior citizens to invest in stocks, and I pointed out that I would only encourage it if they had a thorough knowledge of the market and felt comfortable enough to take the risk. You can really lose everything if you don't do your homework (literally and figuratively). Take notes, ask questions, get the information. It's your money, after all.

No comments: