Wednesday, April 9, 2008

So, we have our first test in MGT 220 this week, and I feel like I'm prepared for it. I read the required chapters the first two weeks of the quarter, and now I feel like I can handle any questions that come my way. Of course, I won't just rest on my laurels as far as reading the material is concerned. I know that I'll have to understand the material, as well; that's the only way you'll really learn what the course is all about and be able to apply it in everyday life. I've learned a long time ago about not just reading the material; the professors have to know that you know what it is you're reading and/or talking about when presenting material.

As for Finance, we've been discussing financial institutions and how to help customers make the right choice when it comes to investing (in the banks, stock markets, etc.), particularly in today's fluctuating market. This looks to be a pretty interesting course, and I will do all that I can to get a better understanding of financial systems, as this will ultimately be where I make my living. So it behooves me to get not only a good grade, but a true understanding of the material. Also, in my college algebra class, a better grasp of the concepts would help me in the world of finance. Once you have a good, solid foundation, no matter what the situation is, you can apply the basic principles that you've learned in various subjects. Of course, this requires expended effort, but it is well worth it.

No comments: