Friday, May 23, 2008

So I finally joined a Berkeley club this week; that would be the Online Health Club. I just did a search of all the topics, and one that I came across really struck a chord with me. It related how much money we have to how healthy we can be. One of the things it pointed out is that a diet loaded with junk foods can be very costly--both healthwise and financially. It also pointed out that if we have little cash, we can have lots of stress. I didn't get to read the whole thing yet (although I will), because I was doing homework, as well.

But one other thing that it pointed out--and which I've always learned from childhood--is that a healthy student is a productive student. We all hear it almost constantly about certain "brain foods" that will help us do better not just in schools, but on the job, as well. Certain foods stimulate our brain cells and help us to think better and perform better. Looking forward to getting the most out of this club.

The amazing thing about joining this club is that it wasn't much of a process; I just clicked a few buttons, and I was enrolled, just like that. Now that I know it's that easy, I'll be looking at a few other clubs. I'm looking forward to finally becoming a well-rounded Berkeley student.

No comments: