Saturday, May 24, 2008

So this week in Finance, we discussed foreign capital inflows and whether or not these should be restricted and even prohibited. Some people feel that the U.S. economy can stand on its own without the help of foreign capital inflows; however, it is somewhat naive to think this way, because we have relied on foreign capital inflows for years, particularly where the U.S. has companies located in foreign lands. So to suggest that now the U.S. is ready to stand on its own as an economic super power is actually risky thinking, and we could potentially lose out on great ideas that foreign investors could bring to the table for us. So while we would want to be careful in our acceptance of foreign capital inflows, we could do so in a way that would benefit everyone involved, both foreign and domestic investors. And at the same time, it would keep out individuals who would only be interested in selfish gain.

in Management, we talked about how a manager could determine what the culture of an organization is, and I talked a bit about my company, and what our aim is--to promote confidence and self-esteem in women and young girls primarily (although men are allowed to use our facilities, too). I find that I'm able to use my organization for a lot of examples, as we deal with any of the subjects that are touched on in each chapter.

So I just made my first posting on the Discussion Board of the Healthy Cafe, and I feel really good about it. They really do have a wealth of information that I know I can benefit from. There are going to be some changes in the way I eat and live, and with the help of felllow students/club members, I know that I can be successful.

No comments: