Saturday, May 10, 2008

So I still have yet to join any of Berkeley College's online clubs. Well, that is about to change, because as soon as possible, I'm going to be perusing Blackboard and Self-Service and seeing what interesting clubs they have available (I don't know if I'm too late to join the Accounting Club, but that was one of my earlier considerations). The Online Book Club seems like an interesting club to participate in; you get to read books that you may have never considered reading before and be open to new ideas and new ways of thinking that the author may bring out.

Another one of the clubs that I'm considering--in addition to the Online Book Club and Accounting Club--is the Health Club. I am really starting to get serious about my health and well-being, and I'm glad to see that Berkeley College is also interested in our health and well-being. Particularly in the African-American community, we don't always arm ourselves with the necessary health information that we need to save our lives against various diseases and illnesses that are preventable and even curable (and I have been guilty of this myself in the past). So again, I'm glad that Berkeley College has a club for those of us who want to live longer, healthier, happier lives--and be more productive students and future executives and employees in the long run.

So we're still discussing mortgages this week, and I've had to come to an adjustment in my own thinking with regard to which mortgage would be more suitable for a young couple fresh out of college. Once the students on the message board pointed out some key considerations that I overlooked, I had to re-examine my choice in light of this new information. Now while this doesn't mean that I've completely abandoned my first choice, it does mean that in this instance, it wouldn't work for this couple. I think we all help each other to reach the best conclusions we possibly can so that we can help others to do the same (this is for when we're in the workplace).

1 comment:

Jason Pfeifer said...

Greetings,

I'm Jason, and I'm one of the founders of an online book club service called Booksprouts.com. It's free and we created it as a space to create book clubs, and to read and discuss books online.

It's pretty new and we are letting people who know who may be interested in book clubs. I noticed that you had been talking about book clubs, so decided to leave a comment.

You're welcome to give it a try, and comments and suggestions both good or bad are much appreciated!

Regards,

Jason
Community Manager
Booksprouts.com