Friday, April 3, 2009

New quarter begins Monday....

If you haven't already, fellow students, purchase your books ahead of time. Don't wait until the first day of classes to purchase your books because you'll need them to study the course material that's posted for the week. And it's always a good idea to log in and print out each syllabus for each course that you are enrolled in; that way, you can stay current with the readings and class notes that are posted to Blackboard each week. And I certainly hope everyone is enrolled in classes at this time, particularly those of you who are taking courses online. If you haven't, your late enrollment will be an expensive one; now you will be assessed a $100 late fee if you do not register for your classes by a certain time. Besides, why wait until the last minute when it only takes a few minutes to register online?

So I just read the guidelines for my English 111 class (Oral Communication). We actually have to install/download software that will allow us to interact with our fellow students via Webcam. It's going to be pretty interesting; I'll finally have an opportunity to see my fellow classmates face to face instead of seeing them in "class" via discussion board. I'll admit that I'm a little nervous, though, because this is the first online class where I'll have to do this. But I'm pretty confident that I'll do well and keep up with the assignments and whatever else is required of me as a student. I'm taking two finance class at once, which will be an interesting experience in and of itself; I just hope I manage to keep the two straight. I am also taking CIS 203, which deals with advanced database systems (we will be using Access 2007 for this course).

No comments: