Saturday, April 4, 2009

I just got my first book in the mail today....

It's my book for English 111 (Oral Communication). So what I plan to do tonight before I put head to pillow is to log in to Blackboard and read over the notes for the first week's lesson plan so that I can start out ahead of the curve. I still have to download the software to my computer in order to be able to videotape my discussions and/or replies to other students' discussions, which I also intend to do tonight. However, if I don't do it tonight, I plan to do it first thing tomorrow morning when I wake up. I did pretty good in the last quarter, and I want to keep it going in that direction. No more D's and F's for this kid.

Also, I just purchased the USB flash drive that I need for CIS 203 today. I hear that this can store a large amount of files, which would be really helpful to me. I tried storing a PowerPoint file onto a floppy disk, and I had to delete other files after I saved them to the computer's hard drive before I could save the PowerPoint files, because they're huge; and then there's the animation and ClipArt that goes with the PowerPoint presentations.

And lastly (but certainly just as important), congratulations to Vanessa Gomez, fellow Berkeley student and blogger. She just started an internship, and I wish her all the best in her endeavors. If you're reading this, Vanessa, know that you've been an inspiration to me since I first started blogging for Berkeley. You're one of the inevitable success stories that will come out of Berkeley, and that the fact that you're only in your early 20's and so motivated to succeed is an inspiration to any and everyone.

No comments: