Saturday, April 18, 2009

Feminist Theories....

This is the class that I've switched to, and the responses to the discussion board question this week have been pretty interesting. Many people's ideas about what feminism means to them are as vast and as varied as Berkeley's student body itself. For some, like me, it means being independent and doing things for yourself instead of waiting for others--particularly men--to do things for you. For some, it means equal rights for both sexes in terms of pay scale, jobs, careers, and many other factors. I really like this class so far, and I'm going to put all of my effort into it.

This week's Access project was a little more challenging, but I figured it out and was able to submit it before the deadline. What made it even more challenging to figure out was the fact that I had a cold; and if you've ever attempted schoolwork while you're sick, you know that the things that would otherwise make sense may as well be in Morse code. But I re-read the information and retraced my steps until finally, the finished project looked like the one in the textbook. Access will really help me in the future--not only in the workplace, but also at home, helping to organize my DVDs, CDs, and books. I could also use Excel alongside to help me, as well. But Access could definitely help us out in the workplace as far as keeping customer records and files straight and determining which of our activities members enjoy more, as well as which activities we might consider replacing with newer activities as members are invited to make suggestions.

No comments: