Tuesday, April 14, 2009

It's just as I thought....

I ended up having to swap classes this term. For some reason, the camera was not compatible to the Windows Vista operating system that came installed on my computer. So I'm going to email Logitech and see exactly which webcam is compatible with my computer's OS. In the meantime, my grade would've suffered while I waited to see what webcam I could replace with the one I have now, so I sent an email to Advisementonline and sort of pleaded with them to swap classes. Yesterday, I got a voicemail stating that I had been switched and that they'd made an exception in my case, as switches were to be done at the end of last week (I know now). I am very grateful that they were able to do that for me, and I plan to email them and tell them so.

At least I have the Microsoft Office software that I need now for my classes, as I would've had to do the train thing again otherwise (going to Berkeley's Newark campus and doing my assignments there). I don't mind, but if I don't have to, then it's easier on me than to try and figure out everyone's schedule so that there's someone available to pick up my niece from the library and get her to any other afterschool activities while I'm doing classwork. In fact, having a laptop--my OWN laptop--works out in so many other ways. I don't have to work around everyone else's schedule and wait until that person is finished using the computer.

Speaking of Microsoft Office, I got a 4 out of 4 on my Access project (go, me!!!). Now that I know how to get data files for our assignments, I'll be doing that with other Microsoft Office applications using other publications that I have. Practice makes nearly perfect, and we often want to put our best foot forward in business.

No comments: