Thursday, December 18, 2008

So I posed the idea of a financial plan to the Finance Club....

I think it would really help us to not only get our finances together, but to get to know and encourage one another as students. In fact, I was sharing what I've learned with some of my co-workers, and they all agreed that having a financial plan makes sense in order to accomplish any goals that you've set out for yourself. When you think about it, that applies to any aspect of your life; you need a plan. That definitely applies to going back to school, as well.

Speaking of planning, I've found another way that this will help me. For the money that I don't spend on vending machine snacks, I can purchase snacks from the store to get me through the week, as well as lunch meats and drinks that would run me a fraction of the cost of what I would otherwise spend. I had brought this up online during one of the Healthy Cafe discussion boards, and the professor agreed that this was a good way to up one's finances and shrink one's waistline. The more money you spend on non-essential--okay, junk--food items, the less money you'll have and the more weight and stress you'll have (I learned all of this from reading the discussion boards at the Healthy Cafe). So this is not a New Year's resolution, but a resolution for life; I'm going to work, work, work at it until I get it right. And that continues to include the classes that I've signed up for, as well. (I feel like such a cheerleader now, rallying the students to action, but I kinda like being Berkeley's cheering section.)

No comments: