Wednesday, February 3, 2010

A post on our Internship discussion board....

The professor posted a story that he felt would be of interest to us with regard to the job market in 2010. I have to say that while I admired the writer's optimism and hopefulness, I couldn't catch his enthusiasm completely. The writer stated that the job market seemed to be turning around, and there were only slightly less hires in 2010 than there had been in the past two years. While this is true, a classmate of mine brought up a very good point: the writer didn't mention which industries were seeing a surge in the hiring process. Interestingly enough, what was also brought out was that the article conveniently left out how some of the positions being filled are replacement positions (the previous workers may have been fired or laid off), which doesn't account for the people NOW without employment. So the article inspires hope, but it's not without some concern or caution.

With regard to my Finance 315 class, I am doing MUCH better this time around. I thought I had messed up on my last assignment, but I missed a perfect score by a half-point. I'm glad to be understanding it better this time around, and I'm confident that if I'm making investment choices, I'll make the choices that won't cost me most or all of my money. What I'm doing, as well, is examining all of the investment and/or savings choices that my financial institution offers and see how viable it is or if I should bypass it and save my money.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi I'm new. Excellent forum. Just found it on Google. Thank u 4 the Great community we have here :)

Anonymous said...

Hello I'm new. Nice forum. Just found it on Yahoo. Thanks 4 the Awesome community we have here :)

gonna check for the [url=http://atomtv.info/]latest trends[/url] now, hope it's not Justin Bieber again :\