Wednesday, February 24, 2010

MBA

So this week in Business 482, we're discussing whether we want to continue in our education and pursue a Master's degree in our chosen fields or whether we would stop after obtaining our Bachelor's degree. And it got me to thinking: would I really want to stay in school another few years, trying to obtaining my Master's degree? And if I did, would I stop for a few years and then resume my education? Or would I just continue on, knowing that time is not necessarily on my side when it comes to pursuing my career goals? This isn't the type of decision that requires a lot of planning and forethought; I can't just decide on a whim that I want to go back to school. When I re-enrolled in school and chose Berkeley, I gave it a lot of thought even then, and then I planned ahead.

This is not to discourage anyone else who plans to continue on in their educational goals. I just wonder if it would be something that I would consider down the road. I know that I was able to motivate myself (and other family members and friends motivated me, as well), and just getting back into school was an accomplishment in itself. I don't want to say that I'm fine where I am; I'll just say that I'll have to ponder if I really want to continue on. Again, it would require lots and lots of planning and adjustment of my work and home schedules. Now does this mean I won't go back for my Master's? No, it just means I'll have to carefully weigh my options.

No comments: