Friday, February 5, 2010

Graduation is right around the corner.....

I mean, literally. I just got a Tweet on my cellphone from Berkeley College via Mike that our commencement ceremony is April 30, 2010. That's on a Friday, so I'll definitely be taking off from work. I am really, really excited now. It's not just a dream; after my internship and this Finance course, I'm officially done with school and will be graduating. Should I decide to go back for my Master's, I know that I'll definitely be going back to Berkeley College. And I will continue to blog as an alumnus for Berkeley College, the way that Aleksandra and Vanessa are. Learning and growing doesn't stop after you've graduated from school. Besides, I want newer students and those students who are thinking about throwing in the towel to read this blog one day and draw strength and encouragement from it, because one day, they'll be in the same situation--about to call themselves Berkeley College graduates.

As I stated at the beginning of my journey, when I first made the decision to go back to college, I had no idea what I was in for. There were many times when I felt like and thought about giving up. But I thought about my niece, who is still in school, and I wanted to show her that you don't give up when you hit a rought patch or two. And also, anything worth having is worth working for. Everything doesn't come easily; sometimes a little more time and effort is required. I want to wish the students of Berkeley College continued success at this time, and I will continue to blog to inspire you and encourage you to keep going.

No comments: