Monday, February 8, 2010

I just made the President's list!!!!

So I got a letter in the mail today from Berkeley College, and when I opened it, there was a letter of congratulations telling me that based on my performance from last quarter, I had made the President's list!!! I am SO happy about this; prior to last quarter, I had done okay, but not well enough to even think about being considered for a Dean's or President's list. Now I really feel that all my hard work is not for naught, that I really can achieve anything I put my mind to. After a whole quarter of second-guessing myself and thinking, "I could've done this or that better" and feeling that I wouldn't get the grades I wanted, I not only got A's in every single course, but my scholastic achievement did not go unnoticed.

It just goes to show that no matter how much you have on your plate, you can achieve it if you focus and cut out the unnecessary clutter (too much t.v., recreation, etc.; these things have their place, but it's like dessert AFTER dinner, and even then, not so much). And again, I have to commend Berkeley College for being ahead of the pack when it comes to distance learning. Berkeley understands that people returning to school have full lives and need to be able to find a class schedule that suits them while still working and caring for families, etc. The Online Distance Learning program is a wonderful program, and I foresee more students making use of this service in the near future.

This is exactly why I would recommend Berkeley College to anyone looking to go back to school; the courses and the professors will challenge you, but in a good way. And you'll actually get the benefit of using the skills you've acquired in the classroom in a job setting.

No comments: