Friday, November 27, 2009

Week 9 and a research paper due next week....

So Week 10 in our Drama class, we have a research paper due on any of the following characters that we've read about this quarter: Tartuffe, Miss Julie, or the Cherry Orchard. They are all pretty interesting characters, but I know exactly who I want to do my paper on: Tartuffe. While all of the characters that I've read about this quarter I feel I can relate to in some way, I feel that I can relate to the characters in Moliere's comedy.

The reason I enjoyed reading about Tartuffe so much is because the story just goes to show how easily duped we can be if we choose to be. The protagonist Orgon allowed himself to be fooled time and time again by someone he considered a brother and a true confidante, allowing himself to be blind to the deception that his dear "friend" (who was really untrustworthy) heaped upon him. Tartuffe hid behind the guise of being a spiritual person, when really he was unrighteous at heart. All around Orgon could see Tartuffe's deception, but Orgon chose to shut these ones out.

My feeling is that Orgon may well have known that deep down, Tartuffe was not to be trusted. However, when we don't want to admit to our mistakes, we cling to our blind faith and our belief in whatever it is that we hold dear to us. In this case, it almost cost Orgon and his family everything. He was fortunate in the end, but this is a lesson to all of us. It's a good character study, as well, which is why I'd like to do my research paper on this story.

I received a comment on my blog regarding online learning with regard to math classes. This is my answer: study, study study; the notes are posted online for you to take advantage of, and the problems are outlined for you to practice. If it's a strictly online course, you will not have to appear on campus at all; the material will be posted online from one of the instructor's files, followed by instructions on how to take the test. So keep these pointers in mind, and I wish you well in your math class.

1 comment:

College Research Paper said...

I appreciate the work of all people who share information with others.